being comfortable with your body

« Older   Newer »
oliveyou
CAT_IMG Posted on 23/9/2012, 18:22 by: oliveyou     +1   -1

Thanks to body positivity blogs and forums such as these, I've come a loooong way and have actually began to accept and like my body for what it is. But no way in hell does that mean that I'm ready to jump out at the beach in a string bikini. It took twenty years for me to finally get tired of people telling me I should hate my body. When you're an impressionable little girl out shopping with your own mother and she tells you that you should buy things that cover your arms or maybe try a bigger size, that shit sticks with you. I used to get SO upset at the comments people would make about my body, and it caused me massive anxiety. So all that isn't going to go away just overnight.

However, I've gotten to the point where I can stand in front of the mirror naked and feel almost the exact opposite of what I used to when I looked at my body. Which I think is pretty incredible. I believe it's very much an internal process.

Edit: And by the way, you are a VERY brave soul, sunshine!! There's no way in hell I would have done that, especially if I was the only sober one!

2 replies since 23/9/2012, 06:41   49 views