Movement...

« Older   Newer »
dementes
CAT_IMG Posted on 15/9/2012, 09:24     +1   -1

My boss says "I'm allergic to exercise. I break out in a sweat and have trouble breathing" lol... so we call it movement or interesting activities... so I'm curious what you guys get up too, if anything.

There's this common misconception that those of us who are bigger, sit around all day doing jack shit. I beg to differ.

My regular week contains an hour or two of belly dance, a bit of zumba, lots of walking, on my feet all day every day pretty much and on occasion a game of basketball or a bike ride when I can find the time. Belly dance and zumba are part of my work (i'm a support worker in a day center for people with disabilities so we try to find interesting and fun ways to get them in to a bit of exercise and dancing is a great way.. and to get them moving, we gotta move!) and I love belly dance so much I'm seriously trying to find myself a weekly class I can access on my own time.

So! What do you guys get up too?

Beelzebufess
CAT_IMG Posted on 15/9/2012, 13:21     +1   -1

I love being all tired in my body from the exercise, but the last couple of years i've pretty restricted, due to whiplash/neural damage/a hip that needed replacement, but since i've had my hip replaced earlier this year, i'm enjoying the ability to walk longer trips with the dogs, being more active, biking again, and at last, but not least, wearing heels again.

At the moment i'm waiting for some jobclearing through my county,, and a better healed hip, so when both are worked out, i'll hopefully be able to start at the gym again.

LadyRiot
CAT_IMG Posted on 15/9/2012, 16:49     +1   -1

in the summer and spring, I like to ride my bike a lot of places. When it starts to cool down, I don't like it as much and I prefer walks so I can enjoy the nice scenery too. I walk just about all year, fall and winter walks are great.
I'm also on my feet a lot because I am in culinary school (and have a job in the kitchen!)
and then I try to take lots of dance classes. I do zumba on a weekly basis (Its AWESOME!) and try to fit in another dance class. I was doing salsa and now I'm trying to figure out what dance to do next!

I hate the stereotype that fat people are lazy or don't exercise.

dementes
CAT_IMG Posted on 26/9/2012, 14:38     +1   -1

QUOTE (LadyRiot @ 16/9/2012, 02:49) 

Me too.. this is one of my most hated misconceptions.

fylgje
CAT_IMG Posted on 11/10/2012, 13:05     +1   -1

QUOTE (dementes @ 26/9/2012, 15:38) 
QUOTE (LadyRiot @ 16/9/2012, 02:49) 

Me too.. this is one of my most hated misconceptions.

Same here. Some of my teachers in 3rd grade or so were like "you should exercise.. it's good for you". I WAS exercising back then, but because I was overweight (and still am) they automatically thought that I didn't exercise at all. Idiots.

4 replies since 15/9/2012, 09:24   44 views