How did you meet your boyfriend ?

« Older   Newer »
fantasytijger
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/8/2012, 22:19     +1   -1

I love to here love stories so how did you meet your boyfriend?

monsterrojo
CAT_IMG Posted on 14/8/2012, 23:18     +1   -1

My boyfriend and I actually met online. Not much of a story to that, haha.

dementes
CAT_IMG Posted on 15/8/2012, 01:56     +1   -1

^same. Met partner online ... gaming. Heh.

Elyia
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/8/2012, 07:49     +1   -1

Well mine is more of a story.
We'd been going to school and choir together for many months but hadn't really noticed or talked to each other. There's this annual concert before Christmas and it takes place at a church and all the choirs in our school perform there. I still had some time before it all started and our performance was pretty much the last, so I found a bench and sat there. People were gathering, but nobody sat beside me. I looked to my left and saw two quite cute guys approaching and looking for where to sit. So I said, "You can come sit next to me. I won't bite," and they did. They took a seat on either side of me (the other guy is his best friend, btw). I had recognized the guy on my left - I had seen him before, he goes to my choir. (Yes, it took months to realize that because tenors sit behind altos. Can't really see them :D) And we just started talking. And the conversation just went on and on, and there was this amazing click between us. And after our performance, I had to run, so I really wished I could see him once more, and as I later found out, he wished the same. And we did and got to say our 'Happy Christmas'-es. We then didn't talk until January. Then we both had secret crushes on each other without the other knowing. That lasted until the school dance in February, where we danced the night away together. And the following day confessed to each other over coffee. And we've been dating since :)

fantasytijger
CAT_IMG Posted on 19/8/2012, 13:03     +1   -1

@ Elyia

Aahhw thats so cute :wub:

dementes
CAT_IMG Posted on 21/8/2012, 23:25     +1   -1

Lovely story Ely <3

4-for-you-skywalker
CAT_IMG Posted on 29/8/2012, 04:38     +1   -1

This guy isn't my boyfriend, well not really, due to te LDR stuff. He is perfect. We met on tumblr, I dated this guy, johnny, who I was head over heels with. Alberto, my crush thing, was one of my first followers on tumblr. We became great friends. Then johnny dumped me, put of the blue /: and Alberto was there for me. He let me cry to him and just told me I would find something better. About a month ago Alberto let it slip he liked me. And that's where we are now :). He's flying me up to new york to spend a weekend with him when I feel comfortable with it :) <3

fylgje
CAT_IMG Posted on 29/8/2012, 15:59     +1   -1

I met my boyfriend online too. We've known each other since 2007-ish, but I didn't like him at all in any romantic way, and I don't think he liked me either. We kept chatting on and off until 2012. And then suddenly we started chatting A LOT, and I realized that I actually did want to meet him and see if it could develop into something more. So then we met each other for the first time in the beginning of August this year, and a week later we were officially a couple. This whole boyfriend thing is still a bit new to me, because he's literally my first everything. :)

Sukkerklumpen
CAT_IMG Posted on 29/8/2012, 19:22     +1   -1

Well, I met my boyfriend (He is my first :) ) online as well, lol. But it has a story. I first heard of him through my friend Sallie. She told me she had met this Norwegian guy on a DeviantArt chat. The circumstances in which they met were sad cause he was just looking for comfort after learning that a friend of him had been killed by the Norwegian extremist Breivik. I was really excited for her cause neither had ever met a Norwegian person and we were eager to learn about their culture. Eventually, around mid August (2011) the three of us happened to be online at the same time and Sallie made a joint convo for us to meet. I can't explain the exploding chemistry that Kristian and I had. It was amazing. We talked for hours until it was time for me to go to work (I worked the night shift then) and he asked me if he could add me on MSN Messenger. I agreed and since then we would talk for hours and hours. I was the first to confess that I liked him a lot, around October and by November 5th we were officially exclusive with one another. On May 27th I departed Puerto Rico by myself to go see him in Norway. There were a few minor setbacks on the connections airports but I managed to arrive on May 29th. The country, the people, his friends, the family...all is amazing. He is everything I ever dreamed of <3 He is coming over by the end of September and I'm heading there the 1st of November to spend our first anniversary together <3 I can't imagine life without him. I'm officially moving to Norway in November 1st 2013 :D !!

fantasytijger
CAT_IMG Posted on 29/8/2012, 19:55     +1   -1

QUOTE (Sukkerklumpen @ 29/8/2012, 20:22) 
Well, I met my boyfriend (He is my first :) ) online as well, lol. But it has a story. I first heard of him through my friend Sallie. She told me she had met this Norwegian guy on a DeviantArt chat. The circumstances in which they met were sad cause he was just looking for comfort after learning that a friend of him had been killed by the Norwegian extremist Breivik. I was really excited for her cause neither had ever met a Norwegian person and we were eager to learn about their culture. Eventually, around mid August (2011) the three of us happened to be online at the same time and Sallie made a joint convo for us to meet. I can't explain the exploding chemistry that Kristian and I had. It was amazing. We talked for hours until it was time for me to go to work (I worked the night shift then) and he asked me if he could add me on MSN Messenger. I agreed and since then we would talk for hours and hours. I was the first to confess that I liked him a lot, around October and by November 5th we were officially exclusive with one another. On May 27th I departed Puerto Rico by myself to go see him in Norway. There were a few minor setbacks on the connections airports but I managed to arrive on May 29th. The country, the people, his friends, the family...all is amazing. He is everything I ever dreamed of <3 He is coming over by the end of September and I'm heading there the 1st of November to spend our first anniversary together <3 I can't imagine life without him. I'm officially moving to Norway in November 1st 2013 :D !!

Wauuw im so happy for you :D arent you nervous moving all the way to norway ?

Sukkerklumpen
CAT_IMG Posted on 29/8/2012, 20:20     +1   -1

QUOTE (PrettyPlusSize @ 29/8/2012, 20:55) 
Wauuw im so happy for you :D arent you nervous moving all the way to norway ?

Thank youuu! :wub:

I would have to say yes and no. Yes, cause it is of course a place entirely new. Completely opposite to the environment and culture I've been brought up in. But then again that is the marvel of it! Nervous about the language, about when and if I'll be able to find work, about if I'll be able to make friends, you know, things that usually people take for granted where they live until they find themselves in the position I'll be in. Then No, cause his friends who are my friends as well and his family have been all so supportive of us and of me moving there. They have been nothing but positive about it. One of the things that actually concerns me the most is if I'll be able to withstand the extreme cold. I live in the Caribbean. I know everything about living in a hot climate but I don't have the slightest idea of how it'll be during the REALLY cold months in Norway. Which is one of the reasons I'm going in November now, to test out the cold and buy myself some Winter Clothing. Apart from that, I see this as a new chapter in my life and I can't wait for it to be next year to start living it already :)

Also, I wanted to ask you ladies, seeing as most that have posted, their relationship started online, How did you gals felt and thought about online relationships before you found yourself in one? Or if you aren't in one, what are your thoughts on them?

4-for-you-skywalker
CAT_IMG Posted on 30/8/2012, 03:57     +1   -1

That is such a precious story! I just love it! :)

fylgje
CAT_IMG Posted on 30/8/2012, 12:47     +1   -1

QUOTE (Sukkerklumpen @ 29/8/2012, 21:20) 
Also, I wanted to ask you ladies, seeing as most that have posted, their relationship started online, How did you gals felt and thought about online relationships before you found yourself in one? Or if you aren't in one, what are your thoughts on them?

I've always been bad at meeting new people in real life. I rarely go out to bars and clubs to meet people, and right now that I'm not in school or have a job I hardly meet anyone at all. However I've always met some really cool and interesting people online, and I've always thought that finding someone online would be a fine idea. So I'm very positive about online relationships. :)

mijean09
CAT_IMG Posted on 30/8/2012, 22:41     +1   -1

I'll have to say I met my boyfriend online as well lol it was an automatic connection. We're both inquisitive people so asking questions about each other's life didn't seem like an interrogation like it usually does. I'm the cooling water to his volcano lol taurus and leo

fantasytijger
CAT_IMG Posted on 31/8/2012, 20:25     +1   -1

Online as in Dating site ?

20 replies since 14/8/2012, 22:19   315 views