Being Plus size

« Older   Newer »
EmmaFolk
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/8/2012, 11:51     +1   -1

I'm Brazilian,and here the boys like brunette with long and straight hair,skinny w/ big butts,small and white but tanned girls with pink nipples and no pubic hair,they're full of exigences,fucking sexist country I hate here '--
How's being fat on Holland? how your family,friends and people deal with it? is hard to find clothes,and being respected by all? here is,even psychiatrists dont have respect with us,being fat here is like dying,being flat too,they want full of silicon bitches,is because of it that brazil is the #2 bigger country on plastic surgery,the first is U.S.A
<_<

fantasytijger
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/8/2012, 14:54     +1   -1

In Holland i think its normal but when your bigger and you were something really tight people stare at you <_<

EmmaFolk
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/8/2012, 20:42     +1   -1

ooh,i found here,I thought it were deleted,thank you *-*

Holland is a so beautiful country,lucky u ^_^

fantasytijger
CAT_IMG Posted on 20/8/2012, 21:44     +1   -1

Yes i made an topic about it :)

hahah i hate it here in Holland

I've always wanted to visit brazil in which city do you live ?

EmmaFolk
CAT_IMG Posted on 22/8/2012, 04:08     +1   -1

Every dutch I meet says that hate holland,I dont know why :/ I live on Natal :rolleyes:

4-for-you-skywalker
CAT_IMG Posted on 30/8/2012, 03:51     +1   -1

Don't let your society pull you down. In the US, being fat is looked at as negative too, but I feel fine with myself. My family doesn't understand it. They all practically starve themselves. In my opinion, I'm not going to deprive myself. Haha.

fylgje
CAT_IMG Posted on 13/9/2012, 10:38     +1   -1

I'm from Denmark, and when I grew up I was literally the only fat kid around. I'm still big, but now times have changed and there are more fat people. Everywhere. So it doesn't bother me anymore than I'm bigger than the average.
But maaaaaany guys here prefer skinny girls, with fake boobs, tanned skin and make up. I'm just not like that, sooo.. xD I want to be chubby, pale and nerdy! If people don't like me for who I am, then they are just not worth it. :)

XLhourglass
CAT_IMG Posted on 13/9/2012, 16:02     +1   -1

I'm from Denmark as well, and I too feel like I am the only fat person around. Even when I was leaner, with an average BMI, I was the largest person at my school (out of 400 students!) Same at next level (gymnasium) where we were 1000 students (though I was much larger when I started there) - And the next largests person was probably not even plus size. And now, at uni, it is pretty much the same again - no one in my major is remotely plus-size, and I haven't seen any in my classes who are. I think that often means that people just don't grasp how large a plus-size person is.
Recently, I've experienced twice, someone thinking that a "medium that runs large" will fit a plus sized person. It will not! Once was with lab-coats at uni, I was estimated as a medium, and when I expressed skepticism, they said "oh, but they run large!" After I had tried that, the large and the x-large, not being able to close either, they had to run out and find some xxl. Don't know what they were thinking estimating me at medium!
And, I do volenteer work with international students, and they had to have T-shirts on for a day trip, and we had only ordered small and medium shirts! I was appearantly the only on of the volenteers who saw this as a problem, because everyone else just thought "but they run large" - I had already spotted that a few of the students would not fit medium, even large ones. I felt so sad that those who would probably the least want to have unflattering, skin tight T-shirts on, would be the only ones who it was actually skin tight on.
I was also shopping with a very petite friend, and she found a store with lots of things for her - though she could see that I was flipping through the sizes and figured there was nothing for me, and she encouragingly said "Oh, but I just saw some 'large' shirts over there" Yeah, well, that won't do!

dementes
CAT_IMG Posted on 15/9/2012, 09:19     +1   -1

Unfortunately the focus of society is and has always been this idea of perfect beauty which is ridiculous... perfect anything is ridiculous. And I simply refuse to have some one eyed closed minded dumbass dictate to me what I should or shouldn't be, how I should feel about myself, my body, my life or my opinions. Luckily people are finally realising what empowerment is all about and are opening their mouths on a wide range of subjects... so get those mouths and opinions out there ladies. Not just about body positive stuff, but anything you feel strongly about. One voice can change things because one voices turns in to two turns in to ten turns in to a nationwide world wide movement of ideas and interest.

katesitarski
CAT_IMG Posted on 8/10/2012, 02:14     +1   -1

yeah I live in the us too. it's like people don't understand you can be bigger and still be healthy. i mean plus size women are beautiful and some people just don't see that they get clouded by seeing smaller people and get jealous. just gotta fall in love with yourself first.

9 replies since 20/8/2012, 11:51   96 views